Over the past few days I've been hearing and seeing a lot of stuff about Purity. On the radio, in e-mails, in the Cassie's post on www.faitharoundtheworld.blogspot.com, and many other places. I think it's God calling me/reminding me to be pure. I think I'm going to try hard, stick with it, and be pure.
Now brace yourselves, girls, and don't be alarmed with what I'm about to say.
On Saturday my mom bought me a copy of 'Teen Vogue' magazine.
Now, wait, it's not what it seems. First, my mom bought it because she was extremely surprised to find that there was such a thing as a 'Vogue' magazine for teens and, after paging through it herself, she thought that it would be a good teaching experience for me to look though it and see what the world is expecting and selling the teen girls of today.
I sat down on the couch with my wonderful father and for a good forty-five minutes we looked at and discussed *almost* every page. It was so distressing to see the pictures and read the articles. Every other page had some mention of having a boyfriend or a "fling" or "crush" and there was a entire article discussing why "good girls" fall for "bad boys".
The girls posing for most of the pictures and adds were between the ages of 14 and 18, the majority looked to be about 16 years old. They were mostly wearing immodest dress, sensual makeup and many were posing inappropriately with male models.
The world is selling sex to its readers through this magazine. And it was horrible to realize that this is what teenage girls today are reading. Let's just say I did NOT regret throwing the magazine in the recycling when my dad and I were through with it!
During these valuable years of entering adulthood, those young women are focusing on boyfriends, dating, modern fashion and frivolous things of this world instead of working and striving towards the goal Christ has set for us and preparing for their future lives.
Let us purpose to become girls who are different from what the world tells us we should be. Let us strive to remain pure until the day we marry the man God has chosen for us.
If you agree and share the goals, you may put this award/icon/badge that I made, up on you blog and feel free to pass it on to whomever feels the same way.
If you do take this, I'd love to know so I know that it's being passed along, so, if you could leave a comment, I would greatly appreciate it!
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. The happiest make the best of everything that they have!
Please keep the following individuals in your prayers:
1) "Prayer for my need and help me to Heal mind strong and education skill. Well - communication. Due of my deafness and I'm not pity myself but Want understand how overcome of my success in my life with an career or along with people or christianity puropose. I care about God and his of God. I want to get know God almighty from him. Prayer for me. I always think about it everyday. thank you for pray" -Seth;
2) Becky asks for our prayers. She writes, "My 15-year-old daughter has had back pain since April. Yesterday she had an MRI. Just now the doctor's office called to say they found two suspicious spots on her spine and want her to have a 2nd MRI. Please pray that God will remove the spots and the pain by the time she has this second MRI. God bless you.";
3) "Please I need help with my finances! Please pray for my family!" -Alice;
4) AN asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes, "Please pray for me. My husband died very suddenly and unexpectedly a few months ago. My adult son who has been living with me, recently got involved in a very unhealthy relationship. He has only known this girl for about 2 months and now he's planning to move over 1,000 miles away with her. I'll be living alone for the first time and I don't have too many family members. I'll be all by myself and I'm scared to death. I feel very vulnerable, especially now that my husband is gone.";
5) "I did not mean to make my request anonymous. I Please pray that I find a way to pay off 2 Visas, a truck, truck insurance, other debts. I am 75, single, etc., I bought a truck, etc. for my grandson to start a landscape business. He has spent a lot (non-business related), doesn't have any work lately and now one VISA is due the 29, all the rest next month and I have no way to pay them. I feel terrible that he did this to me. I found out that he has been lying to me a lot as well. Thank you." -Maureen;
6) Garey asks for our prayers. He writes, "Pray for me to be successful in my first year in seminary School. I have been accepted. I Pray for the Lord to enlarge my territory in my finances to pay for the whole 4 years that may receive my Bachelors degree and move on to study for my Masters Degree in Theology. Pray for me that I can do all things through Christ that Strengthneth me.";
7) "I have received a word of knowledge to move to the Midwest to continue my sowing of the seeds for heaven, however, finances have been so dim for the past year that the results are trials that are overwhelming emotionally and of course financially. I ask that you join me in prayer to seek restitution financially for my creditors and ease the emotional turmoil I keep getting as my faith tends to waiver from the focus on the Lord. Pray that my focus will be clear and my heart healed and my finances steadied." -CJ;
8) "Please pray for my daughter, Katie. She is 27, unmarried and has three small children. She has already gotten an eviction notice and has until the end of the month to come up with the rent. She just started a new job and won't get paid for at least another week. I have paid her car note and insurance and I don't have the funds to help her anymore. She ia a former drug addict who completed the 13 month Teen Challenge Program and is trying desperately to get her life back on track. Thank you for your prayers." -Jesuschick;
9) Please pray for Ronnie who has leukemia. He has been having a very difficult time these past few weeks. Ask the Lord to be with his family and friends, too, during these trials.;
10) Patty asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes, "Please pray for my husband Kevin and my grandson Aiden. Both of them are clairvoyant/mediums who can see, hear and feel the spirit world. This is mostly wonderful but negative spirits may also come thru to them. Please protect them from harm and torment and bless them with beautiful spirits that do God's work.";
11) "My husband Jason has been out of work for a lil over a year and is on his way to a job interview. We have 3 children 14yrs,11yrs and 10months i ask that you will please pray for him the confidence he needs and the right things to say and do to get this job our family has been struggleing for a long time please put a blessing over this job oppurtunity for our family. Thank you and God bless." -Heather;
12) Betty asks for our prayers. She writes, "PLEASE PRAY FOR MY GRANDSON, CHRIS` HEALTH ISSUES...PRAY THAT HE WILL REGAIN THE WEIGHT HE HAS LOST....PRAY THAT THE LORD WILL CONTINUE TO STRENGTHEN HAROLD'S BODY SO HE CAN USE A CANE INSTEAD OF A WALKER...PRAY FOR LETHA, SHE NEEDS STRENGTH TO HELP TAKE CARE OF HIM...GBU!!!";
13) "I am asking for prayer for my granddaughter Kara who is battling lung cancer and pray that I am able to go see her. She lives in Maryland and I live in North Carolina." -Mary;
14) Inez asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes, "Pray for my son, Javier -, whom is about to take a test. He is in the- stationed in -. Please pray to give him knowlege and wisdom to pass this test. Thank you!';
15) On Monday evening, I was able to visit the Greenville Detention Center (Greenville, SC). Much prayer and testimony was given by myself and several inmates. Bibles, gospel tracts, Bible studies and Daily Breads were handed out amongst many. Please keep the following individuals in your prayers: Milton Hill, Lino Whitaker, Jabaar Gualt, Jacob Poole, Chris Water, Enrique Martinez, Bryan Dodgens, Joshua McFerrin, Melvin Wingate, Charles Gregory, Brandon Croft, Kory Butler, Arielle Moore, John Webster and Ricky Richardson. If you would like to make a donation towards this ministry, please send funds to: Mark Seay, 105 Quincy Drive, Greer, SC 29650.;
16) "Good Evening, I come again to ask that you stand with me in prayer and ask our Lord to bring a MIRACLE into my life and restore my professional credentials. I ask you to pray with me for this and I thank you for your love and support. In Jesus' name we pray, Charlie";
17) Raquel asks for our prayers. She writes, "pray for yvette, pedro, errol and Jessica G and families please along with Agueda Aand Sophia Marin thanks and rosario...missionaries and families ... Would you pray for Geaorge and Bill and shriver and family please... they were seeking of the lord but abecame involed in extramarital affair that entailed voodoo and the feeding of their perversity with all forms of reprobativeness inexpression...will you keep this in prayer...they desire prayer and restoration in this, their last days.. for themselves and wives and families...and perhaps victims...as well as healing even where it seems impossible...God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we ask or think.";
18) "Please pray for my son as he believes he is ready for the gay lifestyle. As a single parent, I am struggling to understand the changes in our household. We both need much prayer as we move forward." - Rhonda;
19) "One of the men that we have been feeding through Brown Bags And Jesus has been asking alot of questions about Christ, quit drinking, found a job but still living on the street, and has really been trying to get himself back on tract. Last week a drunk homeless man was messing with a woman and our friend Chip asked him to leave her alone. This upset the drunk guy so he left and came back with a friend and a 4 ft steel pipe. Chip is now in a nursing home with bolts and screws in his leg arm and numerous surgerys to come. He is in great spirits and really looking at the bright side of things. Also the guy he shares a room with just happens to be a pastor, so he is getting more knowledge of God and growing closer to him. Chip is a veteran that served our country and is now living on the streets of New Orleans, no living family and no where to go. We are just asking for prayers for Chip that God will lay it on his heart to draw nearer to him and that somehow he will use this experience for the Glory of God." -David;
20) "Please pray for Dustin, he is going in to surgery one more time for his injuries suffered from sexual abuse.";
21) Beth asks for our prayers. She writes, "Please pray that I am on Mark's heart and that he will not let me go.";
22) "Having difficulty breathing. Was sick and am getting better. Pray for my healing and fear to go away. Thank you." -AN;
23) Mary asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes, "Please pray for my son who has progressed terribly into alcoholism. His mind doesn't seem right anymore, he doesn't appear to care. He was a man of so much love & kindness, compassion, sensitivity.. My heart breaks for him. Thank yoiu & God bless you.";
24) "Hi! My name is Germaine, 21 years old female from Philippines. I have some prayers that I wish and hope that you will help me pray for. I believe in the power of PRAYER and THE LORD HEARS and LISTENS. I hope you will be able to help fulfill the desires of my heart. Here are some of my prayers: 1. I wish my family to be closer and that they may know Christ, our Lord--that they may gain hope and faith and have more encounters with God. 2. I wish my God will change me according to His WILL-- a. Spiritually- Faith in God that I myself will not turn away caused by the trials and problems I'm continually facing b. Emotionally- That his WORD will change my ACTIONS and DECISIONS so that I may show how loving or God/Christ is. c. Financially- to provide for myelf, my family and the needy d. Physically- That I will have strength, perseverance so He can use me for whatever purpose He may deem. I am writing because I know that I myself cannot do it alone but with the help of my fellow Christians through prayer, God may grant my desires. Thank you very much!";
25) Pam asks for our prayers. She writes, "please pray for my grandson Chanler. my daughter is taking him to the emergency room, she thinks he had a seizure. thank you for all your prayers.";
26) "Please pray for me, I am so alone, without employment or medical insurance. My son hurt his wrist about 2 months ago, thought it was getting better, but turns out it was broken and now needs surgery. I am living in a shed without a bathroom. I am trying to focus on the Lord, but at times I have such anxiety. Please pray for me son also, especially him....he is really struggling in his life right now and could use prayer. Thank you so much." -Susan;
27) Stella asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes, "Please pray that my daughter Jennifer get back together with Her xboyfriend Anthony. Thank you and God Bless you.";
28) "My husband has been diagnosed with prostate cancer 95% of the prostate is involved. Thanks that according to bone and CT scans there is no spread. He is on hormonal chemotherapy and they want to do radiation which he is not sure about. Pray for wisdom in decisions and healing. Also pray for our economic situation. He is supposed to be starting work with the census on the Sept 21 after being off work since April. We are behind on basics such as rent at this time. Thanks for God's help during the time since April. Pray for physical strength to do work. He is low on energy and not feeling well. One of the decisions we need to make is whether to move or not, since my income alone is not enough to pay our rent where we are. We have to sign the lease for at least 6 months or pay $80 more for month to month before the end of September or find another place to live that will meet needs and preferably some wants too. Thanks and blessings to all of you who pray." -Carrie; and lastly ...
29) Anita asks for our prayers. She writes, "Please pray for my health - my Rhumetoid Arthritis and other health concerns are taking me over. In March My hearing went out overnight in my left ear (my good ear- I have little hearing in the right ear from childhood) Is had a 3 inch tear in my right rotator cuff repaired the last of April. I have a problem with my right knee- have had two different type injections but it still hurts. I had an MRI done on my head to help determine the cause of my sudden hearing loss. It showed no reason for the loss of hearing- which clears the way for a BAHA External Hearing aide that requires surgury to drill a hole in the skull to place the device in. I am scheduled Tuesday for an MRI on the right knee- tried to have one done last Friday but the machine would not turn on.I am a Breast Cancer Survivor- 13 years come December. I have been blessed so much in my life- but I feel overcome with the number of ailments. Thank You."